help me

No, this certainly wouldn't work for two fundamental reasons. Look again
at the output you sent along in your message from fdisk. What is hda1?
Sure doesn't look to me like a Windows partition? Looks to me like your
Windows partition is hda3.

The mount command you gave is also wrong. Essentially, this command is
mount [what-type] [what] [where]. You're missing a space between the what
and the where. The type, vfat, looks correct. Of course, as I just said,
the what is wrong, because your Windows is not in hda1. The where is
completely missing in your command.
Try this command instead:

mount -t vfat /dev/hda3 /dos

Now, if you leave the /dev/hda3 entry in your fstab (which looks correct
to me), you could simply do:

mount /dos

if, in fact, this mount isn't accomplished automatically.

PS: What's with the -p in your mkdir command? What's that supposed to do?

PSS: Judging from your fdisk output, you don't have much of a working
linux installation. You have a huge linux swap partition (hda4), and a
very small, and probably not very functional linux partition -- hda1. I
would redo my partitions, giving about 500 mB to the / partition,
restricting swap to about twice the size of your RAM, and dividing the
rest between two partitions /usr and /home. Alsok, I would not install X,
unless you're willing to live with relatively little in the way of file
space for your data files in /home.

Another approach you might want to consider, is to size down your Windows
partition to something closer to it's actual data size, i.e. if you have
1.5 gB of Windows programs, make hda3 2 gB. Take the remaining for a /home
formatted as vfat. That way you could see the same data files whether
you're in linux or Windows. And, you'd have enough room for X, not that X
is accessible yet, but some access for GNOME is on the horizon.