Taking Control (Braille Lite and Console Access)

That's because it isn't actually coveed in the manual I don't think.
Basically what you do is open a new page/chapter to use as a
terminal.  Once in that page you need to use the setup/status menu to
set your hardware handshaking, 8-bit word, parity to none and 1 stop
bit.  Then you turn on the serial port although I can't remember
off-hand the command something like chord-t or chord-h t.  You can
find it in your help page though.

There are other command you can use to customize things like
ornamentation and how the cursor tracks in coming data.  It isn't a
vt-100 emulator but that won't matter unless you want to use ncurses
package such as emacs, lynx and pine.

  Kirk

e-mail: kirk@braille.uwo.ca		University of Western Ontario
phone: (519) 661-3061