Using loadlin

Hi folks,
    I have a dual boot machine with Linux & WIN98. Recently I added a second
hard disk to my system. I also had to reinstall WIN98 because of a
virus problem. From then, I have been unable to boot into linux. One of the
members of the list guided me to boot into linux with loadlin and a kernel
image vmlinuz. But the file system is mounted read only since this is
specified in the linux.bat batch file used for this purpose. I am not able
to do any useful work in Linux. Neither can i can i edit a file or reinstall
lilo.
     What should i do now to boot linux properly and how do I reinstall
lilo?
Thanks in advance for help.

 Prasad
Never let yesterday's disappointments overshadow tomorrow's dreams