I'm connected at last

Hello all,
Well that challenge is over at last.  I am still getting the message
starting pppd but if I change to a different console and type host
ISPDomain.net it works fine.  I went into links and whent to a site with no
problems.  Maybe if I edit /etc/resolv it might fix that problem?  My next
endeavour is to learn emacs.  It shouldn't cause as many difficulties once I
get a server for my synthesizer.  I'll write to the emacspeak list in the
morning.  Until then, can any one suggest any good sites for collecting
information on it?  Specifically setting up an Apolo synthesizer and
installing emacspeak.

Thanks again

Darragh
P.S. Why is it called a server? Is this similar to a driver?