redhat bootdisks with brltty

Well, based on what I have read in the syslinux
documentation, it's probably buggy BIOSes (the BIOS can only
read certain dos based formats).  Syslinux has some
workarounds for such situations, such as memdisk, and some
options.  You'd have to experiment with modifying the boot
disks with small syslinux config changes to find out for
sure.  Make sure you have the latest syslinux, too, so that
you have the most recent improvements for buggy BIOSes:
see syslinux home page at http://syslinux.zytor.com/

Quote from the syslinux site: "NEWS! SYSLINUX 1.76 was
released on August 27, 2002; this version contains a
workaround for certain broken Toshiba BIOSes."

I know that RH uses syslinux on their boot disks, but don't
know about Debian -- but you will be able to determine that
easily enough (probably already know).

LCR

--
L. C. Robinson
reply to no_spam+munged_lcr@onewest.net.invalid

People buy MicroShaft for compatibility, but get incompatibility and
instability instead.  This is award winning "innovation".  Find
out how MS holds your data hostage with "The *Lens*"; see
"CyberSnare" at http://www.netaction.org/msoft/cybersnare.html