Connecting to the Internet ; editing LIO; setting up the soundcard

*SNIP*
how can I make the kernel think that
its an Athlon.
the answer is simple.
You need to recompile the kernel.  However, if you've had no experience
with kernel compiling, I'd suggest you go read all the docs you can before
attempting it.
it's not hard once you figure out you're configuration but, at first it
can appear daunting. I speak from experience as would most of us here
would agree.
hth

--
Shaun Oliver