Connecting to the Internet ; editing LIO; setting up the sound card

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 08:26:52AM +0100, Darragh wrote:
> a Conexant HCF PCI modem and the modle number is 1456pci-r.  I haven't been
> able to find drivers on the site for it so haven't got further than that.
> In Linux, I've still being trying.  I fixed my error and put a capital S in
> ttyS2.  Now, I'm getting an error saying ttyS2 lsr safety check engaged.
> trying to free non existant resource 0000b401-0000b400.  ttyS2 lsr safety
> check engaged.  When I run wvdialconf again it says ttyS2 safety check
> enabled.  I take it by this that its not finding anything on ttys2?  In

looking on groups.google.com, this message seems to be pointing to an error
during plug-and-play initialization of the modem (search words:
linux lsr safety check modem).

one of the hits there for "conexant hcf linux" yields this little gem:
   http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html
lots of links there...

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York