Connecting to the Internet ; editing LIO; setting up the sound card

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 03:26:13AM +0100, Darragh wrote:
> Hello again, I had an update today, I found out the manufacturor of my
> modem, e-tech.  I bought it from a German company and although they sent me
> manuals with it they neglected to send me any drivers.  There are no drivers
> for Linux as far as I can tell on the e-tech.nu web site but there is a PDF

according to their website, it appears that they sell both "real hardware"
as well as winmodems, and they do have some support (downloadable drivers)
even for their winmodems -- that's more support than a lot of modem
sellers will give you!

which model of their modems do you have?

> manual.  I'll have to spend a while getting around the security protection
> before JAWS will read it for me but hopefully it will give me some ideas.

if you send me the URL to the pdf, i'll be happy to try to convert it to
plain text.

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York