Scrolling through a file in Emacs

You can start reading the emacs documentation now--you don't need to wait.
Go to:

http://www.gnu.org/manual/emacs/index.html

PS: You can down and up arrow in emacs, and move by paragraphs, etc., etc.
One of the coolest features, imho, is the multi-tiered outline mode. Don't
miss that one. It's powerful enough to put an entire encyclopedia on one
screen.