Changing from Redhat to Debian

I think you are making the error, of assuming that, because this list runs
on a redhat server, it has any relationship to redhat.  It doesn't.  I
suspect, just from observations, that most here do not run Redhat.

For my part, Rh has proven itself to be less than ideal--I never had a
working redhat system up for any length of time--there were always
install, or other problems, such as instability, bloadedness, and so on,
which I did not have with the others.  I consider it the MicroSofft of
Linux.

Luke