Changing from Redhat to Debian

Since the distro wars have once again errupted, I feel compelled to quote
here the advice we give in our Installation HOWTO for the Speakup Modified
Red Hat Distribution. On the specific question of what distribution a
blind user should choose, we say:

	"Clearly,  all  users  can  choose  among  several Linux distributions, and we note and applaud the Slackware team for including Speakup in their
stock distribution  since  version 8.0. Which particular distribution one
should choose is really a matter of personal choice. Our only advice is that users unfamiliar  with  Linux should choose a distribution for which they can
most easily get help when they have questions. In other words, it's harder
for the user of Red Hat to help someone using Debian or Slackware.  This
is an important point because beginning users will most certainly have
questions--many questions."

The entire HOWTO is available at:

	http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/redhat/HOWTO_INSTALL.html