Backing up An Entire System

Hello, I am running a dual-boot machine. Linux and Windows are on separate
drives. My Windows committed suicide, so I'm not worrying about it until I
get a Windows job. However, the Windows drive has lots of room. I would
like to back up my entire Linux system on the Windows drive without having
to change it from VFAT to EXT2. It still has some good data on it. I would
like to be able to put the backup into a directory, with the proper
subdirectories and no compression, so I can refer to it easily. Further
down the road, I would like to burn backup cd's for my Linux system.
however, there is probably more data than will fit on one CD, even if it
is compressed. Hw can I do this?
Thanks.
John

--