bookshare's explanation not correct

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak on April 14, 2002, at 11:02]

>Excuse me; I use ssl on plenty of sites with no problem; wrote back and told
>him so.

You may have over-looked part of his answer. I just tried BookShare's demo page
with lynx and was able to download, by pressing "d", a text file with no
problem at all. He also said:

>or have Http-Refer enabled
>in your Lynx configuration.

This is a setting which many may not be familiar with. When enabled, this
feature tells the web server the site the original link came from. BookShare
undoubtedly uses this feature to ensure that you download the book using their
own link. Check your "/etc/lynx.cfg" file to make sure that both of the
following are true:

    NO_REFERER_HEADER:FALSE
    NO_FILE_REFERER:FALSE

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.