Alert to Braille Readers!

Hello,
Please excuse this message if it is off topic. It needs to reach as many
people as possible, so please also forward it.
The Braille Authority of North America (BANA) needs feedback from actual
Braille readers on the proposed Uniform English Braille Code (UEBC). I have
been told by a reliable source that they have received very little, especially
 on the suitability of the UEBC for technical material. You can get the two
samplers that they have put out at the links below.

These are the links to the online versions of the UEBC samples in North
American ASCII braille format.

Sampler 1:
http://www.iceb.org/ubcb1.html
First part of Sampler 2:
http://www.iceb.org/ubcb2v1.html
Second part of Sampler 2:
http://www.iceb.org/ubcb2v2.html

You can download these files and either emboss them or load them onto a
notetaker such as the Braille Lite or Braille Note. If you use a Braille
display with your screen reader, the Duxbury Braille translator will also do a
good job of enabling you to read them directly from your hard drive.

Full Disclosure: I have no connection with BANA. Personally, I believe that
the UEBC is a bad idea whose time has passed. With the development of new
technology it is possible to use one file to produce Braille in any desired
code. Adoption of the UEBC will not make the books which have already been
produced in a given code any more available to those using a different code.
John J. Boyer, Executive Director

--
Computers to Help People, Inc.
http://www.chpi.org