Bookshare.org and SSL

Ok, so there is only one lynx tree. I don't think most people are arguing that.
However, if you aren't compiling, if you are downloading a package, it's
important to know that you have a possibility of two different packages. And
since John, using redhat, thought ssl didn't work with lynx, I don't know if
that's because his package doesn't support it or because he just stayed away
from ssl sites on the assumption he couldn't use them.
In at least one, and maybe more, distributions, there are two different lynx
_packages_.