edbrowse, what is it

> Hmm; never heard of this "edbrowse".
> Does it do something that lynx-ssl can't?

Well yes, sort of, and lynx does some things that edbrowse can't.

Edbrowse lets you truly edit a text window,
with the full power of an editor, before you send your comments on their way.
Personally I hate trying to compose text feedback in lynx.

And lynx has connections to real player etc, while edbrowse doesn't,
at least not yet.

But the small differences in what one can do and the other can't,
that misses the point.
The philosophy is completely different.
edbrowse, like everything I write, is for people who prefer a command line
interface.
There is no screen, no cursor.
You don't move around among input fields, you step through them sequentially,
or search for one, etc.
If you like ed you'll like edbrowse.
If you like emacs, you should probably stick with lynx.

Karl

P.S. I'm in edbrowse probably 7.5 hours out of every 8 hour day.
I used it to compose this message and send it on its way.