Planning to get a CDRW Drive

Hi,
I am using an HP cd writer and it works well.
For best results, I suggest that you put your
extra disk with the first one on your primary ide and your cd writer
as master on your secondary ide controler.
The cd writing howto is a good read and gives a lot of info.
Be aware that you must use a scsi emulation driver with the cd writer.
The Linux box wil by default in most cases,
pick up the cdwriter as a cdrom.  One must tell your
machine to ignore the ide device sothat the scsi emulation driver can grab
it when you use your cd writing applications.
For sound cd writing i use cdrdao and cdparanoia and for data cd writing
i use mkisofs and cdrecord.
I have written oneliner scripts to make things a bit easyer.
hth
Willem