listening speed

--KR/qxknboQ7+Tpez

Jim, the Keynote Gold does offer accent emulation which SHOULD work in
Linux, however as I generally can't afford the $1200 or so for one to find
out if I can get it working..  Of all of the Keynote Gold synthesizers,
only the SA model will work since it operates over the serial port.  The
thing is too large for portable usage in my opinion.  The VoiceCard will
not work in Linux from all reports.

I have before tried to contact someone at PulseData about this, offering
to develop the driver for them if need be.  On the positive side, IBM does
allow individual use of their ViaVoice TTS and it sounds certainly a lot
better than a $300 DoubleTalk.  The downside is that I only know of this
being useful inside emacspeak at this point.  That may be fine for some
people, but I'd prefer not to wind up with the same wrist problems as
Richard Stallman as a result of using his editor.  *grin*

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 06:27:07AM -0700, Jim Stevenson wrote:
> Do any of you use keynote gold?
>=20
> Will it screen read under linux?
>=20
> Which reader?

--=20
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>            Free software developer

<Knghtbrd> RoboHak - okay, the patch isn't broken, but my brain
           apparently is
<wc> that's nothing new (;
<Knghtbrd> wc - hush.
<Knghtbrd> =3D>