listening speed

It is hard to say what the different speeds would be.  The only synth I
know that actually specifies words in speed per minute is the
dectalk.  When I use the dectalk I can be comfortable at 470 or so.  But
after using it for a while I usually crank it up to 500.  I don't think
that most folks really know how fast they listen to there synths at.  I
listen to the doubletalk as fast as it can go the accent on the second
fastest and others synths that I am not comfortable listening to I have to
slow it down quite a bit.  You can train yourself to listen to pretty much
any speed given some time with the synth.  Some synths mumble when they get
really fast.  They actually drop syllables.  The dectalk does this once you
get over 525 or so.

THT
FC