listening speed

I would like to know what sort of "reading speed"
("listening speed" would be more accurate), in words per minute,
is typical of experienced users of the better speech synthesizers.

People who have been blind since early childhood might be able to
listen at very high rates.  I'm interested in what sighted people
and people who became blind later in life can typically do.

For comparison, I'm sighted, and I read at 450 wpm when my mind is fresh
and I'm reading a novel or something else that flows well.  Sometimes my
speed goes as low as 300 wpm, eg, for difficult material.

If you give your listening speed, please say what speech synthesizer you
use.