Windows, Linux (please don't make this an os-war)

Good morning I found the statement by Andrew re the MS windows  v Linux
system discussion very thought provoking but hay I want to at least give
Linux a go or else I am defeated by something.  I agree with andrew a blind
user, and I think may be particularly a totally blind user like myself sort
of has to become a geek to get the understanding of these screen readers. I
can sort of use at least two sorts of MS Windows screen readers but cant
programme any of them that is write the scrypt files etc.

 Standard disclaimer:
 Any recipient of this communication acknowledges that:
 * the Government Employees Superannuation Board accepts no responsibility
 for the contents, nor the validity of this communication; and
 * they do not rely on any view given unless it is properly authorised.