custom installation failures

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 11:12:27PM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> What killed me was disk druid and fdisk if that's what it's called.
> Ended up having to do some math because fdisk wanted everything in terms

While little math won't hurt there is an easier way to do it. fdisk allows
you to define partition size in Megabytes, Gigabytes or Kilobytes. You
just tell the size with the following format

+1500M

here is an improvised session with fdisk, first is a Command prompt where
I selected n for new partition followed by p for primary partition. I
selected 1 for first partition starting with cylinder 1. After that you
can define the partition size in megabytes etc. You need to prepend plus
sign in front of the number and upper case letter after the number, M for
megabytes etc.

Command (m for help): n
Command action
   e   extended
   p   primary partition (1-4)
Partition number (1-4): 1
First cylinder (1-19, default 1):
Using default value 1
Last cylinder or +size or +sizeM or +sizeK (1-19, default 19):

Hope it helps,

-- Rafael