custom installation surprise

I'm not really trying to do an RTFM here, because there is no real manual
on this, but RTFH?:)

There is a partitioning howto, which might tell you things you should
know, even if you don't follow its recommendations.

Make them all linux native, except for swap partitions, which should be
linux swap.

You should have one main (bootable, containing root, var, bin, etc.), one
swap, one for /home, and maybe one for /usr, although I never saw the
value for that, in other than a network environment.

However, those are just my ideas; everyone has their own style.

I always make my primary linux bootable a primary; otherwise I doubt it
matters.

Sorry for the spelling; I'm half asleep, without the energy to care.:)

Luke