(no subject)

install problem I went through the redhat install tonight.  Had better
luck this time than last but something's puzzling me.  First, when I did
this install I removed all partitions from the hard drive with fdisk that
windows had left on the hard drive.  Next, I chose a workstation
installation and answered questions about host name (didn't really know
what to put in that slot since I haven't got my own domain yet).  Then the
packages installed.  When the type of gui interface came up, I tabbed once
onto blank and tabbed once onto ok and selected that which installed gnome
on my system.  I don't figure to use gnome but having x11 on the system
will make it possible to install and get nethack running.  The x11 is
required on your system or nethack cannot be put on it and work.  Then I
selected the video monitor generic and allowed xconfigurator to test and
naturallyb it found problems.  So I skipped out of there and I did get a
boot disk and allowed the system to reboot itself.  There was lots of
writing files writing after the post test and then I hear this (@) sign
from my speech synthesizer.  A few more files get processed and that's all
I hear.  If I hit the return no effect.  The thing is, not once did I hear
lilo requesting or allowing me to give it parameters.  So is it time to
reconfigure or reinstall linux?

Jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>