Thanks for the null-modem cable help!

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, L. C. Robinson wrote:

> ... I don't know if kermit works with dos screen
> readers, ...

K95 works very well with ASAP right out of the box. Apparently it will
also work with Vocal-Eyes with one settings change. I do not know about
getting Kermit working with either TinyTalk or JAWS for DOS, which are
both freeware. I do know that functional, time-limited demos of asap and
Vocal-Eyes are available, and these are the DOS screen readers known to
work well with Kermit 95.

As I said ASAP just works out of the box. It's available at
http://www.microtalk.com.

For Vocal-Eyes, go to http://www.gwmicro.com. Then:

You need to turn Revector checking on in Vocal-Eyes. Do:
	Ctrl-Backslash to enter the VE Control Panel;
	Arrow to Option 5 -- General
	Arrow to Option 13 -- Advanced
	Arrow to Option 3 -- Revector

It will be off by default. Turn it on. It will tell you that you need to
reboot after using VE with this setting turned on, but that's not a
problem when running in a DOS Window under Windows because you can just
exit the DOS session and restart--something you probably mean to do
anyway.