RedHat upgrade

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 09:21:21AM -0400, klbrown wrote:
> Do you have to boot from the installation media inorder to upgrade linux?  Can you have your speaking system up and issue a command from the prompt to upgrade linux?

You do not have to reboot to upgrade (unless it's the kernel), if you
want to add more software that is on the cdrom you just mount it and
then issue a command like rpm -i /cdrom/pathtofile/file.rpm
Now, I'd best say that I do not use redhad myself, and never have, so I
don't know the exact commands to install new/updated packages, but that
info is availble in the manpages for rpm and so it shouldn't be to much
trouble to find.

/Peter Toneby
--
Alpha Test Version:  Too buggy to be released to the paying public.
Beta Test Version:  Still too buggy to be released.