ultrasonix

yasr is not a kernel-based screen reader, so it cannot start talking
before the kernel finishes initializing.  It may be possible to have the
kernel start it and have it invoke sysinstall (which I believe substitutes
for init on the FreeBSD installation media, but I am not sure about this),
but I have never tried to do it.

Also, if you are using an internal synthesizer, then FreeBSD may not
support it.

--Michael Gorse / ICQ:22583968 / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org