BRLTTY: latest release is version what?

[quoted lines by Tim Pennick on October 4, 2001, at 11:41]

>I recently downloaded the latest version of BRLTTY from Dave
>Mielke's site mielke.cc/brltty.  This is version 2.1.  However, looking at
>some old messages from this list, I see that there was an announcement a few
>months ago, of version 2.98.

It's been a long time since the latest release has not been beta. While 2.1 is
the latest official non-beta release, 2.98, still called beta (and identified
as such on the web site), is really the latest "official" version. This quirk
is about to change, as 3.0 is almost ready. I expect it'll be released within
the next couple of weeks or so.

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.