MIDI

Frank Carmickle has several linux based MIDI apps in process. I don't
believe he's on this list, though, so let me tell you that he told me
recently about the ABC app which he wrote to MIDI-Mag about. Apparently,
it can be used to print very good looking scores, as well as to create
MIDI files to be played via TiMIDIty, or whatever. We were speculating on
an emacs mode for real time MIDI editing based on ABC.

You might want to take a look at:

http://www.eca.cx

A number of the applications there can be driven from non-gui
environments.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp