2nd Linux Accessibility Conference: Starting Points

I didn't ever see this message over here, so ...

>Subject: 2nd Linux Accessibility Conference: Starting Points
>From: JP S-C <jp_sc@yahoo.com> (by way of JP Schnapper-Casteras
<jp_sc@yahoo.com>)
>Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 19:55:28 -0700
>To: ocularis-devel@lists.sourceforge.net,
>        ocularis-users@lists.sourceforgge.net,
>        ocularis-conference@lists.sourceforge.net, blinux-list@redhat.com,
>        freeb-devel@braillcom.cz, freeb-devel@braillcom.cz,
>        emacspeak@cs.vassar.edu, kde-accessibility@kde.org,
>        gnome-accessibility-list@gnome.org
>
>Dear All,
>     Forgive me for sending this to so many mailing lists (or if the message
>is slightly off-topic), but the first time I sent out his message I didn't
>get many replies (thank to those who did reply).  Even if you can't go,
don't
>want to attend remotely, or don't think the event is necessary, it is
helpful
>to hear from you, as I don't want to waste the time of the very kind folks
at
>CSUN if the majority of the community does not see a need for an event or
>gathering at this time.  Futhermore, the earlier I can get a reading about
if
>we want to have an event, and what basic parts there will be, the better I
>can advertise it (again with the help of the kind folks at CSUN).  So,
thanks
>for your input.
>
>NOTE: If you are on another mailing list, please don't "Reply All", instead
>reply just to "fdawg@speechinfo.org" (and
>"ocularis-conference@lists.sourceforge.net" if you would like).
>
>Once again let me apoligize if this message is slightly off-topic, but as
you
>may know the Linux accessibility community is rather spread out and hard to
>contact all at once very efficiently.
>
>Best,
>
>--JP Schnapper-Casteras

Braille is the solution to the digital divide.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535  <lras@loc.gov>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls>
HOME:  <lras@sprynet.com>       <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>