red hat and serial cards status

For the record.  Red Hat has no serial card on any of its hardware
compatibility lists above the status of community knowledge devices.
This means that at present red hat at least is certifying nothing in this
area nor is Red Hat approving anything in serial cards either.  Finally,
this means that Red Hat hasn't the foggiest idea which of these serial
cards truly is superior based on performance.  So next time I'll ask my
questions out on usenet.  If anyone wants my source for this information,
it's jlamb@redhat.com.  Now I think what I will do is put a question out
on comp.linux.hardware and see if there's a hacking non-communicative
serial cards howto or check list somewhere.  Too bad I'm not better with
assembly language or I could probably look at cb20xpc.exe using debug in
dos and figure out how to make this siig 20x card work even though the
manufacturer says it's not supported for anything other than dos or
windows.  There's almost certainly the technical knowledge here in these
three groups to do it or come up with a checklist.  Btw, jlamb@redhat.com
provided me with some leads and I also reciprocated by sending her one
neither the redhat.com site nor jlamb@redhat.com had at the time.

Jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>