brltty and simultaneous grade 2 translation

[quoted lines by John J. Boyer on November 26, 2001, at 14:53]

>Comments are a good idea. However, any character used as a comment indicator
>will present problems, since it could be used in some language. Perhaps the
># could indicate a comment only if it is the very first character in a line
>or of it follows the number, separated from it by a space or tab.

Yes, although I think a good modification would be to put the number part of
the rule first. This would add the flexibility of allowing different numbers to
have different sets of operands. There's no great need to support a comment at
the end of a rule line.

>If a
>source string has # as its first character it can be indented a space or
>two. That would mean that leading spaces on a line would be ignored.

That's another reason why putting the number first is better. Leading spaces
should be ignored anyway, since all applications which insist on no indentation
have routinely proven themselves to be rather annoying.

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.