ssh

Hi,

I know that this is off-topic as much as the rest of this discussion but I
take a chance and asks a question about ssh as well. :-)

I have compiled and installed ssh and get a problem. When I connect to an
ssh account I am not allowed to enter a password, the prompt does not show
up. Instead it says "too many login failures permission dinied". However,
if I as root do ssh -l username I get the password prompt and everything
works fine. What is the difference?

Fredrik