Braille Lite Settings for brltty

John:

Just catching up on email so don't know if anyone's told you yet, but ...

You don't need to reboot to have a change take effect in linux--usually.
In fact, you rarely need to reboot at all.

In this particular case (with Redhat), you can stop the running mouse
service by doing:

service gpm stop

Of course, you can also start it with:

service gpm start

And, if you make new settings and just want them to take effect, you do:

service gpm restart

Works well for all kinds of services. See /etc/services.

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, John J. Boyer wrote:

> Hello,
> Well I tried turning gpm off and rebooting. No effect. When I did
> ls -l /dev/mouse
> before turning gpm off I got a message saying that the file could not be
> found.
> Thanks to everyone for their help. We'll get this thing licked eventually.
> John
>
> Computers to Help People, Inc.
> http://www.chpi.org
> 825 East Johnson; Madison, WI 53703

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp