Digital Talking Book Standard

Wonder why that port is there. I heard a tivo can be made to support
logins. If it has audio in, maybe it could be adapted to do sound
processing with, but adjusting parameters would be one thing, getting it's
buttons to tell sox to increase different values depending what you press,
probably not possible.