missing ao.h

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 02:18:21AM -0600, Brent Harding wrote:
> 	I'm using redhat 7.1, and was trying to compile stuff when a configure
> script complained about not getting ao.h. What package is this file in, so
> I can replace it?

on a redhat 7.2 system here, ao.h is in /usr/include/ao.  the command
   rpm -qf /usr/include/ao/ao.h
reports the name of the package as libao-devel-0.8.0-1.
to see if you've got the package installed, try the command
   rpm -qa | grep libao-devel
the comments at the top of the ao.h file indicate that it's part
of the "audio output library".

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York