From: blinux-list-admin@redhat.com
[mailto:blinux-list-admin@redhat.com]On Behalf Of Janina Sajka
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 11:33 AM
To: blinux-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: the Papenmeir device that was supposed to be coming out

As it happens, the Braille Note is built around the MIPS chip which is
supported by linux, so the answer is "yes," that would be possible.

As a matter of fact, this is a more timely question than may first meet
the ... ahem ... ear? <grin>

The Braille Note runs Win CE, but Microsoft will no longer support MIPS
clients with it's Win CE OS. Therefore, Pulse Data, the Braille Note's
manufacturer finds itself dumped like a spurned lover. They have no
tomorrow to look forward to with Microsoft. I have been suggesting they
consider going with linux, now that their future is so up in the air.