Mutt or Pine?

Bill Gaughan <wgaughan@snet.net> writes:
> Is there really any contest? Let's have a discussion and then let's take a
> vote.
> You can call lynx from pine when there is a url to be resolved in your
Actually, MH!  This is IMHO, the king of all mail systems.  I can always do
"cutty pasty" type things to resolve a URL.  I know lots of folks like
their menus, not I.  I go with as few menus as possible.  And the MH system
has none.  Its all shell commands, "scan", "next", "prev", "repl"... you
get the picture.  If you really like keeping your mail organized, as
I do, there's no better way than MH, IMHO.
But it has a bit of a learning curve.  It may not be best for everyone.

Then, too, there's the mail client written by Karl Dahlke, a fellow list
member.  http://www.eklhad.net/linux/app/ The cool thing about this client
is the way it formats quotations.  No need to slog through a hundred
lines of "> bla bla bla", as one does in conventional mail systems.
This is a very nice feature, especially when reading mail from certain
mailing lists.

Anyway, IMHO, YMMV, and all of that good stuff.