From: "Ian Blackburn" <iblackburn@gesb.wa.gov.au>
To: <blinux-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 7:57 PM
Subject: RE: the Papenmeir

good morning list members

these posts have been very interesting however, I don't think that
any blind person will be able to afford the Papenmeir in Australia the
government does not promote the use of braile devices and nor do the
blindness agancies that advicadvise on equipment to be purchased.  I use
braille and speech speech for quick reading braille for editing. i find
it
more accurate and use grade 0 American computer braile.  I mostly want
one
of these devices to be able to silently read material while on the moove
and
also to be able to read the bible in church etc.  I think we might be
well
surved by looking at the braille note from pulsedata it has an e-book
reader
something the Papenmeir does not yet have as I read about it.

there is a company called robatron which is based in South australia
and rumours have it that they make braile cells and that hey sold a lot
of
these to some company so lets keep a look out for price reductions.  I
know
for a fact that Robatron sold braille cells to some company so I for one
am
going to weight

finally I need braile and speech in the same device

 Standard disclaimer:
 Any recipient of this communication acknowledges that:
 * the Government Employees Superannuation Board accepts no
responsibility
 for the contents, nor the validity of this communication; and
 * they do not rely on any view given unless it is properly authorised.