From: blinux-list-admin@redhat.com
[mailto:blinux-list-admin@redhat.com]On Behalf Of Janina Sajka
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 12:41 PM
To: blinux-list@redhat.com
Cc: speakup@braille.uwo.ca
Subject: Re: the Papenmeir device that was supposed to be coming out

Look at the web site:

http://www.sighted.com/elba2002.html

PS: I believe the screen reader in this device is UXDOTS which sells for
1000 Euros, supposedly. I would very much like to know more about UXDOTS.
In particular, I would like to hear some justification of such a price,
especially given that speakup is free. So, what does UXDOTS do that
speakup doesn't?

To learn about UXDOTS, look at:

 http://www.c-lab.de/insb/uxdots_eng.htm

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Brent Harding wrote:

> 	Is there any more about that Papenmeir device that's supposed to be
coming
> out soon that runs an embedded form of linux? Will it have line in and
> outputs for sound on it? What kind of speech will it use?
> Thanks.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp