the Papenmeir device that was supposed to be coming out

    There isn't a speech only version planned. Since Papenmeier is primarily
a Braille display manufacturer, I doubt that there will be one. There isn't
an online demo available. I'm not sure if they will make that available or
not. You really need to get your hands on one to appreciate it. There is a
description of its features available at http://www.sighted.com.
Tommy