Linux on a 2-Drive Machine

Well, you'd have to format the D drive, and install linux on it, redhat is
a cool distribution to use. It has to be installed on /dev/hdb1 or
something, hdb means the second drive. You need to repartition it with
linux fdisk, but it's easy. Redhat, in it's installation, will ask if you
have any other OS to boot, and you choose that to be /dev/hda1 for the dos
drive. You want to have lilo write to the master boot record of /dev/hda,
so when you boot, you would type either dos or linux. You can go in to
/etc/lilo.conf later to change the default if you just wait, and rerun lilo.