Accessibility of Star-Office

Wait a minute, what do you mean "quite accessible." Can you read
content, or just the toolbar.

I don't mean to be dificult. It's just that I've heard this before, also
from quite reputable folks who didn't look very deep.

Let me put it this way. Sun's accessibility staff aren't claiming that
Star Office is accessible. They tell me directly that it needs a lot of
work. So, do you know something Sun doesn't about its own product? Seems
if it were accessible they'd be tauting it to the U.S. Government under
our 508 law. Instead, they apologize and tell us they're working on it.
 On
Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Georgina wrote:

> Hi
>
> V6 is quite accessible on the Windows platform but we don't have access to
> the GUI under Linux.  I'm commenting upon speech access but your interested
> in Braille aren't you?  Can you access X?  There's plenty of documentation
> on Star Office.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp