shellworld attacked!!!

I've been a hacker since at least 1986 and have no use for the commonly
accepted definitions.  First of all, no self-respecting hacker in those
years at least would have broken into any system unless they had been
asked to do so by its owner or owners to locate and fix security problems.
Hackers in the year I considered myself one and knew others far better
than myself and was able to recognize them for what and who they were were
people who managed to make their machines and software do several
undocumented things in order to help themselves out or to help their
employers out.  Basically envelope pushers.  That's what distinguished
them from users.  What we have today are actually three classes of
cybercrackers.  Lowest on the brains ladder are the script kitties, then
we have the real professionals.  Those fall into cybercrackers who break
into systems and leave notes so security exploits they used can be
terminated, white hats if you prefer.  Then there are the cyber punks the
black hats if you prefer.  All of this virus stuff became public because a
Bell Labs employee whose first name was Dominic broke his word and
published material on what started out as the game core wars over at bell
labs and the core warriors the programmers wrote over there to play the
game.  Those of us who were the original computer hackers I'm sure resent
the abuse of our good name which in those years long ago we wore as a
badge of honor.