cellular net access?

gsm and cdma use different technology in there phones, so yes you would
need different phones for different networks that way, but if you wanted to
use your gsm phone in another country you would need a simm card that is
compatible with that countries gsm network, but as far as I'm aware cdma is
usable in any country, you would just need to get your service agents to
setup international roming. but then again my cdma phone wont work in the
U.s, because the frequency bands are different, in some way. but the phones
in the U.s are able to work here in nz
cdma has taken over from the old tdma network. it's ment to be bigger and
better, but who knows.

infact if anyone can tell me a website (s) that can give me info on cdma
phones I would much appreciate it, as the sellection here in nz is very
limited at the present time.