installing inux was re: RE: Mounting Dos Partition onBootup

And don't forget NANO, a new editor a lot like PICO.  But as for me, I
often use UltraEdit to edit stuff in my Cygwin directories.

At 01:14 PM 12/16/01 -0000, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>If I understand you correctly, no you can't run the installation program in
>the same way as if you were to do a complete install.  But hold on, what is
>it you want to do?  You want to see your long filenames that have been
>produced under Windows?  What for?  What are your expectations?  You'd be
>better off in spending some time reading up on how to use one of the many
>editors.  Now everyone has their favourite and I can't remember which ones
>you have in ZipSpeak.  If your goal is to use any Unix type systems, you'd
>better look at one of the vi clones, such as, vim and Elvis.  There's an
>excellent tutorial on the vi home page.  Emacs is very popular and there are
>a couple of versions of this one too, such as, memacs.  Again there's a
>tutorial that is easy to follow.  Emacs has the advantage in that you could
>use it as a speech option as in emacspeak.  Pico and Joe are little editors
>which are similar to Edit and Word Star Windows editors.  Having said which,
>none of these will be useful to edit Word Processed documents that have been
>produced under Windows.  But you'll need to be able to edit scripts and
>profiles etc.  It's what using Linux is all about, being able to tune the
>system to meet your needs.
>
>HTH

Braille is the solution to the digital divide.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535  <lras@loc.gov>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls>
HOME:  <lras@sprynet.com>       <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>