Mysterious soundcard problem

Hi all,
Has anyone had the same problem, or any idea what is causing it? Under
RedHat /.2 my SB32 PNP have been working fine until yesterday when I
suddenly got the following error message when trying to play a sound file:
"Error, cannot reset OSS driver."
Rebooting doesn't help; the same error message comes up everytime i try tu
use the sound card.
When I run sndconfig and it plays the test samples, the card works
however,
so hardware failure seems improbable. The only thing I've done recently is
adding a broadband router between the computer and the ADSL modem, but how
in the world could a router break a sound driver?? :-)

Thanks,
/Tobias
--
Member of the Synth/New Age band Platinum Box:
http://www.mp3.com/plbox/

Get paid cash everytime you receive e-mail!
Sign up for FREE at: http://www.MintMail.com/?m=353886