isa to pci card adapter?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 07:51:25PM -0600, Brent Harding wrote:
> 		Is there any adapter type devices out that will allow an isa card to work
> in a pci slot? I mean, something like stick the isa card in to a card that
> you put in to the pci slot?

Very unlikely IMO. I follow computer hardware to some degree and haven't
seen anything like that so far.

The bus protocol, voltage for some lines, and logic are very different for
ISA or PCI so it's easier to just get the PCI card. Systems come with PCI
chipsets which have a bridge for ISA bus to support legacy systems but
that's done on the motherboard. While theoreticaly possible it would not
get very far in practice due to mechanical issues with it. You don't have
enough space and the right brackets to accomodate such an arangement.

Depending on what you want to do, there might be an easier solution to
your problem.

--
Rafael