all linux systems.

Yes, it's possible to have a computer with only Linux on it,
no DOS, no Windows, no "anything else". To do this, you just
have to specifyto the Linux installation program (which is
different for every Linux distributions), that you want to
use the entire hard disk of your machine for your Linux
installation.

There are also several companies who will sell you Linux-only
systems, with Linux pre-installed so you don't have to worry
about the installation.

The one that has the best reputation is "Penguin Computing":
http://www.penguincomputing.com

They are mostly specilized in servers, but also offer a whole
range of workstations. Installing a Braille reader and/or a
speech synthesizer is left to you.

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:36:44 -0600
<cbowman@netdoor.com> wrote:

> hi, some one was asking me not long ago if it is posable to have just a
> system with linux, and no other os such as dos, or windows on it. is this
> posable, or do you have to have something elts? has eanybody here don that
> before? thanks.
> charles

Hope this helps!

Gil Andre -- Technical Writer -- Knox Software
            gandre@arkeia.com