speakup disks needed

Hi Janina,

I understand about the possibilities of creating a firewall with RedHat or
nay other Linux, and of locking things down.  It just all depends on what
you are planning to do with your Linux box.  I tend to use them for
servers, so I don't want to lock it completely down...  :-)

OK; here's what I did.  I downloaded the boot.img file from the
redhat/7.2 directory of the linux-speakup.org FTP site.  I just downloaded
the boot.img, not the RedHat ISO files, since I had already burned a set
of RedHat 7.2 CDs.  Did Bill actually modify the contents of the RedHat
distro itself?  Do I need those ISO files in order for this to work
correctly?

OK, once I dwonloaded the boot.img file, I used the following dd command
to create a boot floppy:

dd if=boot.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k

This seemed to work; I observed no errors.

On the target machine, I inserted the newly created boot disk and the
first RedHat 7.2 CD, and rebooted the machine.  The machine booted from
the floppy; I have no idea what was on the screen...  :-)  At this point,
I typed the following to install using the Accent PC speech ysnthesizer:

text speakup_synth=acntpc

After pressing enter, I heard some disk activity which eventually stopped,
but never any speech...  :-)

Do you have nay good ideas?

Thanks.